This Instructable will show you how to make a jellyfish shaped casing for LED Throwies that you can stick to any metal surface. The Throwies are easily removable so you can 'refill' the Jelly and use it over and over.
*They might be cute, but remember to keep them far away from computers, credit cards, monitors, etc to avoid damage from the magnets*
Step 1: Materials
* Quilt Batting - you can find this by the yard or buy a roll at the fabric store. I used 1/4" low-loft polyester batting.
* Sheer Fabric - I'm using bubble organza which is nice to work with and doesn't fray too much. You could also use tulle or any fabric with some translucency.
* Ribbon - choose a fun ribbon for the tentacles. I found some funky stuff in the Walmart clearance aisle that had some sparkly & tulle strips woven in.
* Plastic Bubble - I don't know what the technical term is, I think it is 'toy capsule'. You get them from the toy dispensers in supermarkets and arcades, and could probably order in bulk online.
* (2) 3V Lithium Coin Cell Batteries - the LED Throwie Instructable recommends CR2032, but I am using CR1616 because they are nice and tiny.
* (3) Rare-Earth Magnets - I found some 'super strong' magnets at the craft store.
* (2) 10mm Diffused LEDs - If you don't have/can't find anything but clear, then check out this Instructable that shows you how to sand the surface.
* Hot Glue Gun
* Thread (match color to your fabric)
* Tape - strapping tape is best, I only had packing tape when making this.