Biking around cars can be a frightening thing, and staying visible at night is crucial for your safety. This tutorial will teach you how to make a custom LED Matrix Backpack that is much larger and brighter than traditional rear bike lights.
Parts You'll Need:
- Individually-addressable RGB LEDs
- Arduino Pro Mini (or any Arduino, this one is just conveniently small.)
- Note that if you use the Pro Mini, you will need an FTDI cable to program it.
- 3-Conductor Conductive Ribbon (wire or conductive thread will work too but this stuff is nice)
- Thin Wire
- Basic soldering equipment (soldering iron, solder, etc.)
- Flux Pen (optional)
- Needle and thread
- Some nice cloth to go over the LEDs (optional)
- A backpack (or jacket! or whatever you want to attach this to.)
To see videos of the finished project, click here!www.tinwhiskers.net
Wearable LED Matrix by Michelle Leonhart is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.