This project is especially focused to night runners. However anyone looks cool with them.
In the top video the battery was nearly off. For this reason I bought a new 3V battery and the result is in the video bellow. Sorry!
Let's start to shine!
Step 1: What do you need?
- 3mm 3V LED (x2) from old toys
- Kinder Surprise (not for the chocolate, but also for the plastic plastic shell) from my meal
- A pair of headphones from my pocket
- 4 in 1 cable from a broken headphone with mic
- 3V battery from a old motherboard
- 3V battery holder from a old motherboard
- Switch from a torch
- TIP31 (x2)
- Power drill
- Soldering iron
I chose kinder surprise plastic shell owing to is easy and cheap to buy it. You can always use your own recipient.
Soon I'll try to do the same into a big headphone. This process may avoid use the plastic shell, so wait for upgrades!
Step 3: Drill it!
Step 4: Solder it!
I prefer to solder all the ground way and then continue with the rest. This simplify the wire mess.
Step 5: Some Tips
You can fill the plastic shell with cotton so as to prevent any crash between components. For this reason you should tape the cables and the transistors too.
Other good idea is made a holder for the plastic shell. With this you can hang the plastic shell in your t-shirt when you're running.