Ever wonder how to create a POV display out of a fan??? Well here's how!
Step 1: Materials
1- Hall effect sensor- Allegro A3144EU
1- Arduino Pro Mini
1- FTDI Breakout Board
5- 5mm LEDs
5- 200 resistor
1- 10k resistor
1- 80mAh LiPo Battery with protection circuit
Step 2: Make the Stick!
- The length and width of your "stick" depends on the fan you have and the type of arduino you have but you can easily find those measurements using a ruler which then you can cut out a stick out of wood.
- After you cut out the stick you can use a drill to make the wholes just make sure the LEDs can fit on them.
- The size of the centered whole also depends on your fan.
* You can save yourself some work if you have access to a laser cuter.*
Step 3: Circuit!
- See the drawing to know where to but the LEDs
- Use the schematic to know where to solder everything.
- You can either use a hot glue gun or tape to hold everything together.
- *It's highly recommended to solder some headers to the Arduino to be able to upload the data with no problem*
Credit to GreatScottLab for the drawing of the LEDs and circuit design.