Step 1: Materials
1. Canvas Shoes (any shoe that a needle can poke through)
2. Conductive Thread
3. LED's (10) *
4. Regular Thread
5. 220 ohm resistors (2)
6. Sew on snaps (6)
7. 3V 20mm-25mm coin cell batteries (2)
8. Needle Nose Pliers
9. Small scissors
12. Felt (3" by 3" piece)
13. Puff paint (color of your choice)
14. Glue gun
*Make your own LED Beads (which is what I did)
1. Surface mount LED's (10)
2. Silver Crimp Beads (10)
3. Copper Crimp Beads (10)
4. Super Glue
The crimp beads will be soldered to the LED's and used to connect to the conductive thread thus they need to be made out of a conductive material. I used copper and silver crimp beads because they are conductive and so I could tell the anode and cathode by the color of the bead.
Step 2: Battery Holder - Cut Felt Holder
3. Coin cell battery
1. Take your felt and trace the coin cell battery onto it with a marker. Put an X in the center of the circle to mark the center. Draw a rectangle as seen in image 2. Then draw an outer line around the whole shape to give room for when you sew the piece onto the shoe.
2. Now cut the piece out along the outer edge.
You will need two of these cut outs. One for each shoe.