Do you have some spare LED's lying around? Do you have some spare time and are you looking for something to do? Why not make an LED TREE. Its fun as long as you follow the steps and use a clean Soldering iron. The result is an amazing piece of art that you can look at for hours.
1) Soldering Equipment
2) I think it was 13 LED's (you choose how many you want. they should also be brand new so that they have long leads)
3) if you use 13 LED's you also need a 3.9 ohm resistor
4) AA battery case
5) thick wire (strong enough to hold up your bunch of LED's. Must be a conductor)
6) If you want Hot Glue to hold the wires in place
7) Blu tack to assist with soldering