Just like here:
But after the party when the Throwies are dead and gone it would be great to pick up the remains to recycle them. The magnet and the LED are still usable. And because the batteries contain toxic heavy metals it's an environmental problem to leave them where they are.
GRL Germany built a simple device to remove throwies from unreachable places like bridges or walls. This short instructable should help you to build something similar and become a major player in the LED Throwie recycling business.
Step 1: Material List
- An extension pole. The longer the better. We used a 12 foot pole which cost us 29 € at the local hardware store. You surely get something cheaper on the internet. But shipping costs could be pretty high. You can reuse that pole for other great instructables like the High Writer and the Night Writer .
- A metalplate of the size 250mm x 200mm x 1mm. The plate needs to be magnetic for the whole construction to work . (3 € local hardware store)
- A stalk holder. Angled to approx. 45 degrees. (3,50 € local hardware store)
- 2 screws (M6, 15mm length) , 2 nuts (M6), 4 washer (M6)
- Drill machine with a drill bit for metal (size M6)