In this Instructable you will learn how to make a Glowing multicolour LED Water Lamp at home using very few materials.
It is a very simple and small lamp that is very easy to make and fascinating to look.
For Visual Clarity of Procedure, Watch the video..!
For Written details, proceed to next step....
Step 1: Items Needed
1. A waste plastic or glass bottle (Any bottle ca be used if it can stand still even when placed inverted)
2. A Multicolor LED (RGB LED)
3. A coin cell battery
4. Hot glue gun
5. A cup of clean water
Step 2: Method to Make the Lamp
1. Take a Plastic Bottle and drill two holes in the cap to fit LED legs.
Note: You can use a hot needle to make holes, but be very careful with this step.
2. Insert the LED in the cap from inside and apply some hot glue around it, make sure to seal it well.
3. Fold the '+ve' leg of LED at an angle of 90 degrees.
4. Also, bend the '-ve' leg in opposite direction and fold it twice or may be thrice to make it thick.
Note: Watch the video for more visual clarity..!
5. Apply hot glue over the cap such that the '+ve' leg is immersed inside the glue, whereas the '-ve' leg is slightly above it.
6. Place the coin cell over the glue, so that the '-ve' leg of LED is in contact with the cell.
Note: Make sure that the cap settles well when placed inverted.
7. Fold the '+ve' leg over the coin cell such that when the bottle is placed inverted, the LED turns ON.
8. Fill the bottle completely with water and close the cap tightly.
Note: The water helps in scattering the light inside the bottle. You can also add some glitter to get a sparkling effect in water
Step 3: Demonstration of Product
Our LED water lamp is now ready. It can be used in room during the night as color changing mood lights. It is really amazing and fascinating to look at the changing colors.
Watch the video to see the product come live ad get a more clarity of the procedure to make one yourself.
If you liked the LED water lamp do come back soon for new ones and also, subscribe to my instructables for regular updates.
All the Best..:)