The table foot is made by an ancient blacksmith who copied it from the original one that belongs to Ganso 'The Goose'.
Hope you like it!
Step 1: Materials
- A transparent piece of acrylic or policarbonate laser cutted to fit the sign, 6mm thick or more.
- One 1 inch nut and a lock washer for it
- A 20 cm piece of a 1 inch screw bar
- A cross made with metal flat bars
- A nice table foot
- A tube with 1 meter and big enough to fit the screw bar in and solder it
- LED´s and a 12 Volt AC adapter
- 1 male AC plug
- 1 female AC plug
- pvc flexible cable 2 core 0.5 mm
- Strong tape and insulating tape
- Wire, soldering iron, solder, 5mm drill bit for the led´s
- Piece of EVA or polyethylene foam to protect led´s on the border
Step 2: Basic Assembly Instructions
Notice the table tube already with the soldered screw bar. The nut and lock washer are holding the tube together with the foot table.
The flat bar cross was well soldered.
Step 3: LED's and Circuit
The EVA or some polyethylene foam are used to protect the led's wiring and to avoid scratching people. Use the strong tape to fix the foam make a nice looking tape finish.
The LED´s are wired in series of 4 with a 220 ohm resistor.
To calculate the resistor:
In this case we used 2 Volt amber LED´s with 12 Volt power source, so:
4 * 2 Volts = 8 Volts
12V - 8V / 0,02A = 200 ohms
A female AC plug connects to the 12V AC adapter, making it easy to disconnect the wire and turn it into an extension cord right away when you need. Some tape is used to hold the adapter and its wire.
That´s it! You can make as more many modifications as you want! The bright LED effect with the acrylic, and the simplicity of the assemble are the catch of this project. This table will impress others when you turn it on serving a drink! Keep cool!