Step 1: Materials you will need
1. A wall wart or wall transformer of about 6 VDC or more and rated at 50 MA or more.
2. A clothes pin or similar clamping device
3. Two or more white LEDs and several resistors of less than 500 ohms.
4. A two inch square of thin plywood, plastic, metal or other stiff but workable material.
5. Some solid or stranded wire of about 20 to 24 AWG
6. tape or shrink tubing to cover the wire joints.
7. A soldering iron and solder to solder the wires to the LEDs and wall wart.
8. Tools to cut and shape the plywood, wires, etc.
9. Drill bits or dremel cutter to drill holes for LEDs
There's nothing difficult or fancy here so feel free to improvise.