Introduction: LEGO Hands Fit Cables Perfectly!
[WARNING] may cause excitement!
We got emailed a genius little discovery by sugru-er Andreas from Germany... and it's blown our minds :) And we need to share it.
Who knew?! sugru + LEGO minifigures are the perfect way to keep your cables organised and AWESOME! As sugru bonds to most materials, it means you can attach your minifigs anywhere you want — around your home, at your desk, in the car. Yep, just let that sink in…
We made a really cute little video to celebrate and spread the geniusness even further!
Step 1: Adding Sugru to the Back of the LEGO Minifigure
sugru is super easy to use, just grab a minipack and you're ready to go! In fact one minipack of sugru is enough to attach four LEGO minifigures! Buy sugru
- Take 1/4 of a minipack of sugru, squidge it between your fingers, and shape it into a little sausage.
- Press the sugru sausage onto the back of the minifigure and shape it into a little pyramid. (Just like you would using play dough.)
TIP: Note we have attached some sugru around the side of the body and under the arm. This keeps their arms stuck in the perfect position to hold your cables!
- Then all you need to do is push the minifigure (sugru first!) onto the surface where you need it.
- To ensure a strong bond, press the sugru that spreads out.
- Leave overnight and you will have yourself a helpful LEGO cable holder! (YAY!)
Need some sugru shaping tips? Take a moment and watch the sugru guru (we call him James)
Step 2: Where Are You Sticking Yours?
Time to dust off that box of LEGO you know you have somewhere (or maybe ask your kids nicely for one of theirs!)
...and don't forget to share yours if you make one.
Step 3: psst... Why Stop There?
The sugru ❤ LEGO love affair has been going on for a while now. There are so many awesome things you can do by combining the two, it's enough to make you wish you were a kid again :)
Head over to our sugru ❤ LEGO section for loads more ideas.
2 People Made This Project!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.