Introduction: Lab 1 - 2 LEDs
This lab creates a circuit with two LEDs, two buttons, and a potentiometer. The two buttons control which LED is turned on, and the potentiometer controls the brightness of the LEDs when they are on.
Step 1: Connect the First LED to the Arduino
The first step is to connect the first LED to the circuit and Arduino.
- Place one LED on the breadboard and connect the cathode to the negative rail of the breadboard.
- Place a 220Ω resister on the anode leg of the LED and connect the other end to pin 10 on the Arduino.
- Connect the negative rail on the breadboard to the grounding pin on the Arduino.
Step 2: Add the Second LED
Add another LED to the circuit the same way as the other LED but connect this one to pin 11 on the Arduino.
Step 3: Add the Potentiometer
This step adds in the potentiometer that we will use to control the LED brightness when the LEDs are turned on.
- Add the potentiometer to the breadboard in the middle.
- Connect the first pin on the pot to the positive rail on the breadboard.
- Connect the last pin to the negative rail on the breadboard.
- Connect the middle pin on the potentiometer to the analog input pin labeled A2.
Step 4: Add the First Button
This step will add in the button that will control the first LED.
- Connect a momentary push button to the middle of the breadboard.
- Connect the bottom-left pin to the positive rail of the breadboard.
- Connect the bottom-right pin to pin 3 on the Arduino board.
- Connect the top-right pin of the button to a 10KΩ resistor and connect that to the negative rail on the breadboard.
Step 5: Add in the Second Button
Add in another button the same as the last one but connect the bottom-right pin to pin 4 on the Arduino board. Connect the top negative rail to the bottom rail to ground the buttons.
Step 6: Code
Download this code and compile and upload it to your Arduino Uno.