This non-traditional Christmas tree made from a wooden ladder and pine wood planks is the perfect way to decorate for the holidays if you, A) can't have real trees in your apartment, or, 2) you or your loved one is a big fan of hardware stores.
It simple to make and something that you can use again and again. Not to mention the fact that you can keep using the ladder all year round!
*All you music lovers out there should check out my Vinyl Record Holiday Tree!
- (1x) 6' wooden ladder
- (3x) 1" x 12" x 6' pine boards
- (1 or 2x) 1" x 12" x 4' or one more 6' board*
- an assortment of different thickness wood scraps (from 1/8" - 3/4")**
- 1 quart of white water-based latex paint
- 1 quart of green water-based latex paint
- 1 mixing bucket
- blue painter's tape
- 320 grit sand paper
- stir stick
- measuring spoon or dropper
- paint brush
- craft paper to paint boards on
- wood glue
- string or twine
*This is extra wood just in case a cutting error is made. It's always better to have extra.
**These are for Step 5
- hand saw
- chop saw
- table saw
- measuring tape
- sanding block
- carpenter's square