Here are all the reasons you NEED (or perhaps may desire) a Ladies Only! Box:
-No longer awkwardly rummage under the sink at the worst possible time.
-Convenient for unexpected emergencies.
-Convenient for any female guest's unexpected emergencies
-Prettier and more discreet than an over-the-toilet assortment box
Step 1: What You'll Need..
-A small, thin box large enough to accommodate your lady hygiene products of choice
-Cork-board drawer liner
- Decorative drawer liner or wrapping paper (not pictured on this page)
-Strong and waterproof glue (I used outdoor glue)
-Mounting tape (or other mounting device such as screws, nails, duct tape, etc.)
-Ribbon for decoration
-Satin lining for decoration
Step 2: Cork It Up!
But seriously, line that box with the cork-board drawer liner.
- Carefully deconstruct the box so that the entire inside is exposed.
- Take measurements so you know the dimensions of each side of the box.
- Cut pieces of the cork-board drawer liner corresponding to the measurements of each side of the box.
- Remove the adhesive backing and apply.
- Reconstruct that box and use glue where necessary to hold it together!
- See pictures for further details.
Step 3: Wrap It Up!
TIP: Where the drawer liner won't stay, you will have to use glue for extra adhesion. If you use wrapping paper or fabric, you will have to use a lot of paste.
Step 4: Embellish With Ribbons and Bows
I lined the inside with satin and added bows. I know-- toooootally lame-- right? Well anyway, this part required a lot of hot glue and trial and error. I don't even think I could explain how NOT WORTH IT the satin lining was. It turned out luxurious, no? The Ladies Only! Box demands a certain amount of luxury, after all.
Step 5: Mount It!
- Apply two or three strips of mounting tape to the back.
- If the mounting tape won't stick, like mine didn't, use an X-acto knife or box cutter to cut away two patches of the drawer liner in the back. Then add the mounting tape.
- Mount the Ladies Only! Box on any wall or cabinet space that provides easy access from a toilet-sitting position.
Step 6: Stock It!
Congratulations. You will never have to awkwardly rummage through your cabinets again! All the toilet-side convenience you need, with all the chicness you deserve.