This Halloween, instead of purchasing a bodysuit for $50 make one for less than $10.
Use your body suit with a cowl hood or shoulder sculpture to get the completed Lady Gaga look.
Step 1: Inspiration
Step 2: Materials
Pattern Paper - you can use any type of paper for this, newspaper, packaging paper.....
Step 3: Making the Pattern
Lay the bathing suit flat on the pattern paper. Pin the suit to the paper and trace it. Make sure the tracing is symmetric.
Decide where you want the neck line to fall and measure on your body from that spot to your crotch. Make sure this matches the pattern. Take into account a small amount of stretching in the vertical direction will occur when you put on the bodysuit.
Step 4: Altering the Pattern
Step 5: Sewing the Body Suit
1. Pin the pattern to the fabric. Make sure the fabric is stretching horizontally along the pattern (across your body)
2. Cut out the pattern leaving 1cm border for seams
1. Pin the two cutouts together. My fabric was the same on both sides so it didn't matter how I pinned them. But if you use a fabric that has a top side and underside, the underside should be facing out.
2. Using a zig-zag stitch sew the edges of the garment together. Make sure not to sew the arm holes, leg, holes, and neck.
3. Turn inside out and try it on!