At the beach I had seen people on long boards pushing themselves around with these big sticks. They looked pretty fun so I was interested in getting one. But after learning the price on these was $100 and up I decided to make one myself.
The end product works great and I think it looks pretty cool. So if you’re looking to have some fun for a fraction of the price, let’s get to it!
Step 1: What You Need
Supplies you need:
- 1¼” or 1½” wooden dowel – Home Depot has these
- Vurtego pogo stick bounce pad – Vurtego sells these here: http://www.vurtegopogo.com/product/bounce-pad/ – you could also use a tennis ball or something similar but this looked and worked the best for me
- Wood glue or 2 part epoxy
Tools you need:
- Sanding block or power sander with sand paper
- 1¼” or 1½” drill bit depending on the size of your wooden dowel
Supplies you might need:
- Plasti Dip – Home Depot carries this
- Wood stain