Introduction: Laptop Cooling Desktop
This Instructable will show you how I cooled my laptop and everything around it. There are so many different ways of doing this I'll just be general with descriptions and the items that I used. If your desk is hot from your laptop this will fix the problem and fix it well.
Step 1: Gather Up Some Stuff
Here's a list of the things I used.
Cooling Fan -Brushless 12VDC Cooling Fan #273-238
LED-Built-in Resistor Green LED Assembly #276-0271
AC/DC Adaptor-120VAC in 12VDC out
4- #8 x 2.5 in. Carriage Bolts
4- #8 Flat Washer
4- #8 Nuts
Step 2: Cut Some Holes
1. Find location for fan on desktop
2. Measure fan and transfer to desk with compass
3. Cut hole using holesaw or however
4. Mark holes for mounting screws and drill holes
5. Drill holes in plastic box for LED, Switch and Power Leads
Step 3: Secure All
1. Secure FAN to DESKBOTTOM using bolts
2. Secure LED and SWITCH to PLASTIC BOX
Step 4: Wire It All Up
1. NEG. POWER, NEG. LED and NEG. FAN
2. POS. POWER and one side of SWITCH
3. POS. FAN, POS. LED and other side of SWITCH
Step 5: Enjoy the Coolness
Plug it in and expierience the pleasures of having a cool desk.CFH
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.