Introduction: Laptop Cooling Stand
First off you will need:
- A base material( I used some really thin mdf hanging around but plywood works to)
- A Computer Cooling fan( I Picked up the one in the picture for $10 at Radioshack)
- A AC-DC adaptor that matches the power requirements of your fan
- Switch (lighted or not)
- 2 wood wedges that you cut out
- And little rubber feet (this is optional but the stand might slip on the surface of a table if you don't have them)
Step 1: Figure Out Your Plan
It is wise to draw out your plan on a piece of paper. This means planning out your dimensions of the surface your laptop will sit on and the angle at which it will be. Also plan in enough room for the fan to fit under the structure. Fan placement is key in this step because you want your fan in the area of the processor or near vent holes on your laptop. This forces air to keep moving inside your device thus cooling it down. My fan Is placed right under a big vent hole thats why it just happens to be in the middle.
Step 2: The Electrical Stuff
Step 3: And You Are Finished
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.