So to get to the point, here are the things that you need:
Laptops differ one from another, so I will not tell you how to disassemble your laptop. If you are not comfortable and confident enough don't try this mod.
After a few tries I figure the best sequence of steps for this project is:
2. Putty and Sanding.
3.Molding and infusion of the resin,adding lights.
4. Primer and the actual paint job .
- Exacto knife
- Multipurpose tool
- Spray paint
- Spray paint
- Putty (for filling the damaged parts of the housing)
- Paint primer
- Sandpaper Nr. 600 (waterproof is better)
- Trowel or something similar for evenly distributing the putty.
- Epoxy resin
- LED-(light emitting diodes)
- Tip31 transistor(if you want the housing to have a music light show)
Glowing-paw-sound-reactive-laptop/ by the user zack247
Music LED Light Box project by the user motadacruz
I'd like to use this opportunity to thank Instructables.com for thinking of me with the Halloween postcard ,and for the Leatherman im waiting for. TNX guy's/girls i appreciate it.
Step 1: Carving
But i was thinking it needed a bit of trimming to suit my needs, so i edited it and asked for the permission to use it.
As you can see the final product is not identical to my version of the logo, but I'm quite satisfied with it.
1. Printing or drawing the logo on paper
2. Copying the logo to the laptop surface
You can use the exacto knife to make the template, and then just paint it over with a thin layer of paint.
3. Cutting the plastic. I used a thin milling cutter bit, but anything similar will do.
Be careful, its better to cut into the part that needs to go out then into the rest of the housing :) .
4. If you lose an part (like my dragons eye) it can be added again later when you add the resin, but its just an additional waste of your time and resources.