This DIY was created for my 2012 Halloween FAUN costume. I began this project by researching other horn Instructables on this website and YouTube my main inspiration comes from : WndrRt's Craft tutorial on YouTube.
I chose to make Ram's horns because they are Large scale.
What you will need :
(2) Wire hangers - Free
(1) Wire cutters/pliers - Free
(1) long wooden dial - Walmart .50cents
(1) Jewelry wire - Walmart $1.30
(1) low temp glue gun - Walmart $5.00
(1) exacto knife (Box cutter) - Free
(2) packages of low temp glue - Walmart $3.50
(1) pipe insulation foam - Hopme Depot $2.00
Scrap material ( I used a old pair of hospital scrub pants) - Free
(1) roll of wax paper - Free
(5) packages of foam cord - Home Depot $3.48 each
(1) roll of crepe paper or streamer paper - Free
(1) paper mache' kit ( I used flour and water) - Free
(1) tube of Acrylic paint - Walmart $3.00
(1) package of cheap sponge brushes - $1.00
(1) headband - Free
(1) ducktape - Free
If you see Free beside the item, it just means I had the product at home and just used what I had. :)
Step 1: Making the Mold
I knew i would need a large base for this so i chose to use my ironing board because it came with holes already in it and its extremely sturdy. I began with straightening two wire hangers with pliers. I then put the two wires in two holes of the ironing board and twisted them at the base. Once the two wires are secure I began to bend the wires one at a time into the appropriate shape that i felt looked best.
From there I took a 40 cent wooden dial that i purchased from Walmart and made (8) 2 inch mini dials. This would make sure my mold stayed sturdy. Once the 2' dials are hot glued in place, I took an extremely thin wire (typically used for making jewelry) and zig zagged it from the bottom base to the tip of the wires and closed both wires with a rubber band.