Step 12: Behind the scenes, making of...
- I made my first Laser Ball about four months ago.
- This Instructable was made over a two-week duration.
- There were many separate photoshoots to get all the pictures.
- I shot about 7 hours of footage (for a 5min video!...)
- The video took about 2 days to edit.
- I used a standard point and shoot camera - Canon SD780 IS
- I made a cheap and dirty photostudio box from a roll of butcher paper and a piece of foam board.
- I used a 65W spotlight and a 300W bulb mounted on tripods for illumination.
- I used a sheet of white acrylic for the build surface.
- All the annotations in the images were made in Photoshop.
- I used a combination of free video editing sotware: Pinnacle Videospin (Download), Videopad (Download), and Windows Live Movie Maker. For example I did the all the cuts in Videospin, extracted stills with Videopad, and increased the video speed of the title with WLMM.
- The "Laser Ball" title uses a public font called Lynx. (Download)
- I used the Sparkfun Delux Toolkit. (Sparkfun)
Check out my blog at www.leonelabs.com
I also just want to thank the open-source, DIY, maker community. Without you guys this wouldn't have been possible.
And a special thanks to Instructables for hosting such an awesome website and service.