I made this at TechShop.
Step 1: Parts
- Six sheets of 18" x 18" corrugated cardboard. You can cut up corrugated cardboard boxes or you can order pre-cut sheets at office supply stores like Staples (only four sheets are shown in the photo).
- White glue.
- One 1/4" #20 threaded rod at least 24" long. You can get these at hardware stores like Home Depot.
- Heavy nuts and washers to be used as weights while gluing.
- One sheet of 1/8" Acrylic at least 9.25" x 10". Sheets of acrylic are available from plastics retailers like Tap Plastics.
- Acrylic cement like IPS Weldon-On #16. Available at plastics retailers.
- Vise attached to a workbench.
- Laser Cutter. I used an Epilog Helix 45 Watt Laser cutter at TechShop.