When I was first told how easy it was to laser cut something, I decided to start with what I love best: celtic knots. I made two versions and I've provided them both in the attached document.
I made this at Techshop in SF!
- Material (I used both acrylic and wood)
- Jump Ring
- Needle Nose Pliers
I made this design with just circles. It was pretty easy. All you have to do is line everything up exactly right ;)
Once you are ready, make sure you define your etch lines and your cut lines. I etched my lines at 2 points. Also, make sure you add in a hole to attach it to a necklace. My final pendant was about 1.5 inches wide from bottom tip to bottom tip. When I frist did this, I went overboard and it was about 3 inches wide and made of wood. Though I will probably wear it sometime, I didn't think any one else would so I redid it with black acrylic. I added in a photo of the wood version so you can see how it will turn out and also, I did both versions in wood.
Assembling the necklace:
- Take your jump ring and attach it to the hole at the top of your pendant.
- Take your cord and string it through the jump ring.
- Tie a nice double knot leaving enough room so you can slip it over your head.
- Wear and be happy with your awesome celtic knot!