After making these I realized I didn't have a checker board! So I made on. Check it out here!
I made this at Techshop in SF!
Step 1: Design and Prepare for Cutting
- Decide on your size (I found most checkers are 1 1/4 inch in diameter so that is what I went with)
- Decide on two designs (front and back) that can be alternated (one will be mostly bold engraving while the other will be just engraved lines to differentiate).
- If you want all the checkers the same make sure you have different stains for each team.
- Once you have your design, make one document with all of the regular side of the checkers. Line them up as shown in Photo 2.
- Make a new document and line up your kings as shown in Photo 3.
- Now you are ready to laser cut your checkers!