Materials & Tools
- Clay - about 1.5 pounds of Light Gray Stoneware was used here (this is natural clay. You CANNOT use polymer clay on the laser tables)
- Two boards of equal thickness
- Blue Painter's tape
- Rolling Pin (for clay use only!!)
- Clay Knives
- Potter's Wire Tool
- Spray Bottle of water
1. Cut your desired amount of clay from your block of clay.
2. Secure boards with painters tape to work surface and roll out clay into a slab. (This can be done on a slab roller as well)
3. Measure and cut clay to desired tile size.
4. Prepare file for etching and place clay on a piece of wood or cardboard on the laser table.
5. Send file to laser & watch laser/clay etching magic happen!!
Once this is fired, I will upload an additional image of the tile. Look for more laser etched ceramic Instructables soon!!
***Made at TechShop!!