The bourgeoisie cannot exist without constantly revolutionizing the instruments of production, so let's get Hammer & Sickled!
Inspired by this tee shirt, I threw this one together in about 10 minutes after I got all the pieces. Karl Marx with a lampshade on his head just cracks me up for some reason.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Soviet Union Tee Shirt $13.00: Get this on Amazon Prime (24 hour delivery in most places), or make your own with a stencil and bleach in a spray bottle. Here's an instructable for that method:https://www.instructables.com/id/Custom-Bleach-Splatter-Shirt
- Hard Hat $13.00: Also on Amazon Prime, but most big hardware stores will have these.
- Chammpagne Bottle Confetti Cannon $5.00: I got mine at a local party store, but you can get a 3 pack on Amazon Prime for $22.
- Lamp Shade $22.00: Also Amazon Prime, but you could find a cheaper one locally most likely.
- 2" bolt, five nuts, two washers.
- Hand Drill.
Step 2: Drill a Hole in the Hard Hat
The hard hat attaches to the lamp shade, which makes for a much more comfortable way to prove to the proletariat that you're having way too much fun. Try to center the hole so that when the hard hat is on, the lamp shade is centered on the top of your head- this will ensure that it wobbles sufficiently.
Step 3: Insert the Bolt
Put a washer on the bolt, then insert the bolt into the hole. This will ensure a secure fit for the hardware while you run around and celebrate your ownership of the means of production.
Step 4: Nuts and Lamp Shade
- With another washer on the other side of the bolt, screw down a nut to keep the bolt in place on the helmet.
- Screw down two nuts on top of this one to give the lamp shade ample room to wobble.
- Place the lamp shade on the bolt.
- screw down one nut so there's plenty of space for the lamp shade to wobble, then screw down the last nut to keep everything in place.
Step 5: Party Like It's 1917!
Let the ruling classes tremble at the infectious fun of a costume party. We have nothing to lose but our chains and a few brain cells!