Step 1: Materials
- Scrap Wood or another material for a base
- Electromagnets, I pulled the ones you see from a broken CD drive
- Magnets, the smaller round magnets are pulled from magnetic ball and stick toys from the dollar store, and the two larger ones from a CD drive
- Plastic, such as from many electronics packaging
- Cardboard, such as from a cereal box
Step 2: Prepare the Base
You will want to make the cuts about 3mm deep and about 7-8 cm apart for each speaker. This is just enough for the plastic edges to catch hold.
Step 3: Add The Plastic Sheets
The plastic is cut longer then the grooves are apart so it bows up about 1.5 cm in the middle, where the electromagnet will sit.
To get the sheets to stay in place, use pliers to bend a lip downward on each end of the rectangle, about the depth of the groove in the base.