This Instructable will teach you how to create a set of speakers. But, these speakers don't create sound by forcing an electromagnet up and down, they use electromagnets to vibrate permanent magnets side to side, laterally.
What you will need:
- Scrap Wood or another material for a base
- Electromagnets, I pulled the ones you see from a broken CD drive
- Magnets, the smaller round magnets are pulled from magnetic ball and stick toys from the dollar store, and the two larger ones from a CD drive
- Plastic, such as from many electronics packaging
- Cardboard, such as from a cereal box