- some acrylic (11"x14"x0.093" ) or other type of material that you can use as a base. i got mine from the door & windows section of home depot
- a USB cable from your dollar store (i used male to female cable)
- electrical tape to insulate the cables
- a fan - bigger is better but you need to test it first and make sure it works at 5 Volt. i got mine from a PC power source.
- fan screws or glue
- felt (the ones you put on the feet of chairs & tables to protect against floor scratches)
- dremel tool or some other tool that you can use to cut holes
- SAFETY gear (glasses)
note that i only need 1 fan for my laptop. you can add multiple fans however that will complicate the wiring of the project.