I hunted around everywhere for a set of leaning bookshelves, but couldn't find any that I liked...so I made my own.
The great thing about this style of shelving is that it keeps the room more open than traditional enclosed shelving.
I made it at TechShop! http://techshop.ws/
Step 1: Gather Materials
Materials for one set of shelves:
- 2 x Wood Board (8' x 16" x 2") - Uprights (recommended: get slightly longer to cut to size to achieve a better finish)
- 5 x Pine Board (4' x 6-12" x 1") - Shelves (recommended: get slightly longer to cut to size to achieve a better finish)
- 5 x Pine Support Board (4' x 4" x 1") - Shelf Supports
- 20 x steel corner brackets
- 80 x 1/2" Screws (for corner brackets)
- 20 x 1" Screws (for under-shelf supports)
- 20' LED Light Strips (2' per shelf)
- U-shaped wiring pins
I found the wood at my local hardware store. Because you're going to cut and finish it, getting uprights a foot or two longer and a few inches wider will make it easier to get a good, clean edge.
For the LED accents, I used basic warm white LED strips from IKEA. You need 10 strips total for one set of shelves (two per shelf).