With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share what you made with text, photos, video, and files
gather your favorite instructables together
Sure my mask is cool, but it's not for the beginner. This is a beginners project with needle tatting. Making this simple flower pendant will teach you...
Tatting is generally made up of one stitch, the double stitch(ds) separated by picots. This stitch is used to make the rings and chains that are the m...
1. While hanging on to the thread with your other three fingers, wrap the thread clockwise around the back of your index finger2. Slide the needle und...
For the second half of the ds, we do the opposite. Wrap the thread around your index finger counter-clockwise, slide the needle under the thread towar...
1. After completing a ds, make the first half of the next ds, but instead of sliding the the stitch next to the first ds, hold the loop about a 1/2 in...
1. Create any number of ds with any number of picots. For our flower pendant, make a ring consisting of six ds with a long picot(1 inch) followed by s...
1. Place the needle at the last knot made on your ring. A chain is generally only created after a ring.2. Create any number of ds and picots. For our ...
Continuing to make the flower, you should have one ring and one chain.1. Make a ring 6 ds and join to the long picot of your first ring by using the t...
1. Make the final chain in the same way, but after you close join to the first ring you made by bringing the needle through the knot in the ring.2. To...
We have a be nice comment policy. Please be positive and constructive.
Tiny Tatted Spidersby TotusMel
Learn Needle Tattingby TotusMel
Needle Tatting A Necklaceby TotusMel
Learn Needle Tatting With My Flower Pendantby TotusMel
Tatted Square Border Braceletby Penolopy Bulnick
Tatted Mustache Necklaceby TotusMel
Needle Tatting Split Rings & Josephine Chainsby TotusMel
Bow Tatted Necklaceby Penolopy Bulnick
Tatted Celtic Heart Necklaceby Penolopy Bulnick
Tatted Pumpkin Earringsby Penolopy Bulnick
Download our new apps for iOS, Android and Windows 8!
© 2014 Autodesk, Inc.
By clicking "Create Account" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member? Login »
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »