First off you will need tools. Everything is, for the most part, rather specific to leather crafting, all the tools I have I got from Tandy Leather Factory
. They ship internationally. Here's a list of what you will need to obtain, borrow, beg, steal, improvise, or otherwise come into at least temporary possession of:
- Snaps, I'm using Line 20
- Tools to set rivets and snaps
- 3-4 ounce veg tanned leather. Can be purchased in a convenient small project piece.
- Leather stain/dye, color choice is up to you, matching shoe/leather polish is a good bonus
- Razor blade, or other sharp thin knife
- Metal ruler
- Pen and paper are handy for working out the size
- Chopstick or other pointy instrument, called a scriber
- Sharp, heavy scissors
- Leather punch, size appropriate to your rivets and snaps
- Rubber Mallet, and a surface to work on
I'll add several other bracelet designs ASAP, and I'll cover further tools with there steps.
For the watch, I'm using one I got from Stauer
. To attach to the wristband easily, it needs a T shaped attachment, as highlighted in the second picture.