It's always a great time to create using leather! With a little instruction anyone can do it.
I inspired to create this mask based on the beautiful sugar skulls used in "Day of The Dead" or "Dia De Los Muertos" a Mexicsn holiday to honor friends and family that have passed.
Let's get started!
Step 1: Supplies
Because you can make your sugar skull as simple or as detailed as you want I am just going to list the basic materials here. Along the way as I embellish my mask to my taste, I will list what is used. Add what you like and leave off what you don't.
1. Leather tooling sheet can be purchased at Tandy Leather or you can use a scrap piece if you have it. I wanted my mask to be light so I went with a thinner leather but any thickness would work.
2. Eco Flow leather paint colors of your choice and a Super Sheen sealer can be purchased at Tandy Leather.
3. Xacto knife or box knife
4. Leather Swivel knife can be purchased at Tandy Leather
6. Tracing paper
7. Mask template - create one yourself or find one online
8. Tub for hot water
9. Super Sheen leather sealer
10. Optional - Stamping tools