Even if summer begins to fade out (in the Northern hemisphere), days remain shiny, at east in France! So I just bought a new pair of sunglasses, since my previous ones had too many scratches. Here's the why of this Instructable: I needed a case so that they don't get too many scratches before the end of nice days...
For those who don't have a pair of glasses yet, they still can make some by following one of my previous Instructables : Laser cut foldable wooden glasses.
The needed materials:
- some leather (in my case: 20x30cm (about 8"x12") but I realized that it was a little bit too narrow and my case is somehow too tight for my glasses...
- 1.5 meter (60") of leather cord, diameter: 2mm (5/64")
- a laser cutter (or anything that can cut leather ;-)
- a knife (optional if you have access to a laser cutter)
- a (trouser) button
- a leather hole punch tool (optional if you have access to a laser cutter)
- some leather balm (mine is Renapur but there may be other good brands! ;-)
- cut the leather according to the attached files - the easiest may be the laser cutter solution but some of you may not have (access to) a laser cutter...
- tie a knot with the leather cord
- put the cord in the holes. Begin at the bottom, you'll see an asymetry in the holes, it's voluntary for marking the first hole (see second picture)
- tie a finishing knot
- cut the cord
- tie the button
- look where you need to cut the corresponding hole for the button
- cut it
- you can optionally punch 2 holes at the ends of the cut
- you can finish your case with the leather balm
That's it! Enjoy.
As usual, I design it plain, just fab it custom! Don't hesitate to customize it, and leave a picture in the comments below, please!
You can also comment about the design options that I didn't see, since I'm not used to work with leather...
I'll answer to any comment, since I sincerely appreciate them so much!