Step 1: Recipe
5 Tomatoes chopped
1 Cucumber chopped
1-2 Bunches green onions with tops chopped
1-2 lemons Juiced
2 Bunches fresh parsley finely chopped
1-2 Tablespoon minced garlic
Mint for garnish add more if you want it in the salad
Sea salt to taste
Olive oil optional
Normally they put Bulgar wheat in this salad but I can't find it in my area. It makes this salad very healthy.
Step 3: Mix Together
Microwave lemons 20 seconds to get the juices soft.
Let set for a few minutes to cool off.
You need to be careful when you cut into the lemons because they can squirt juice out. They need to cool slightly.
Juice the lemon with a small hand juicer as shown or just squeeze the juice out.
Place the juice in a cup.
Combine all the vegetables in a bowl and mix well.
Add to taste the lemon juice and garlic. You may add a little olive oil if you like.
Step 4: Hummus Recipe
Recipe: Serves large family:
- 4 Cans of Chick peas reserving the juice
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Mint for garnish
- 1-2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 Cup tahini "you don't have to use tahini, you may use almond butter or peanut butter,or omit completely." Tahini gives it such a nice flavor though.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste.
Step 5: Hummus Skins
Preparing the hummus:
- Strain the juice from the chick peas reserving the liquid.
- Place the chick peas in a large bowl with hot water, not boiling.
- Let set for a few minutes, then carefully squeeze the beans through your fingers slipping of the skin.
- Place the skinned beans in a small bowl.
Step 6: Blend The Humus
You want the consistency of a thick paste. Creamy enough to dip but not too runny.
Add garlic, salt and lemon to taste.
Blend until there are no lumps.
Remove from the processor and place into a bowl.
Step 7: Serve Chilled
Make a small well and pour a little olive oil in the center.
Garnish with a sliced lemon and spring of mint.
This dish is a big hit for a party or pot luck.
Step 8: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
Thank you for stopping by and do have a nice day.