These Legend of Zelda embroideries took about me a couple nights of work, but you could make them go very quickly if you don't satin stitch them!
I've also included some patterns - you can find them on step two!
Can't embroider? Don't have the time? I've also got these embroideries listed in my etsy store, making jiggy!
Step 1: What you'll need:
- fabric to embroider on - I'm using linen.
- embroidery hoops if you'd like to frame them - three inches
- acid free, clear drying craft glue that works on fabric and wood
- patterns - included on the next step
- embroidery floss
- embroidery needles
- pinking shears
- a water soluble marking pen
This is a great beginner project because they're so small. :D
Step 2: How I made the pattern
Then I draw my designs in pencil. When I'm happy with them, I trace over them with a pen or permanent marker. Then I erase the pencil marks.
I'm not big on using drawing programs, so I make every one of my embroideries like this. I use my scanner to resize them if I need it. :D
The patterns are attached to this step, including an updated ocarina! (please use the patterns for personal use only)