In this Instructable, I will show you how to make a great Lego Power Functions vehicle. It requires only basic, easy-to-find Technic pieces and some Power functions.
The Lego Power Functions parts you need to build it are:
- (2) Small Motors
- (1) Batter Pack
- (1) IR Receiver
- (1) Remote Control
If you need Power functions, you can get them off the Lego Shop website. (Click the link)
There are several sets that include tracks and sprockets. You will need 4 sprockets and 36 individual track pieces. If you need tracks and sprockets, you can get them off of the Lego education website. (Click the link)
The rest of the pieces you should be able to find in most Lego Technic sets. Feel free to substitute the pieces out for other colors that you like. This model should be able to be put together in 15-30 minutes depending on how long it takes you to find the pieces in your collection of Legos.
This Instructable is my entry into the remote control challenge so if you like it, be sure to vote for it, comment, and check out these two of my other projects.
|Power Functions Vehicle II||Stop Motion|
Here's a quick video for you of the completed Power Functions Vehicle.
Step 1: Building the Frame
In this step I will show you how to build the main frame for the vehicle.
1) Build the section shown in the picture. Notice that one of the rods has one bushing on it and the other has two.
2) Build the same thing that you built in step one again.
3) Rotate one of the structures 180 degrees.
4) Add the two pieces shown in the highlighted box.
5) Insert two black pins into to 9 length beam as shown.
6) Take the structure that you built in the last picture and insert the pins into the the grey pieces that you added in picture 4.