I have been creating valve caps since I was a BMX riding teenager. I started with dice and gave them to all of my friends. In the last two years I started making them again and have been giving them to my new friends. I then thought "what else could I use for vale caps" and came up with the idea of using Lego 2X2 bricks. Well, the first thing I did (after pulling out my old Lego collection) was to check Instructables. I found an Instructable right away and decided that it had been done, so I won't post my own instructions. I went ahead and made my own Lego Valve Caps anyways. I put a pair on my bike about 4 months ago to test out their durability and my friends loved them, so here I am making more. I went ahead and documented my creation.
You can view my Dice Valve Caps HERE.
To create your own Spinning Lego GIF, check out my Instructable HERE.
- Drillpress (optional) and Drill Bit
- Needle Nose Pliers (other option)
- Glue Gun (optional)
- E6000 Glue (other glue option) and Toothpicks
- Spray Paint
- Safety Glasses
Step 1: Drilling Your Lego 2X2 Brick
I used my drillpress for this process because I planned on making a bunch of caps at once. You can use needle nose pliers for this part, as well.
- Measure the drill bit for depth.
- Clamp your Lego so it does not slip.
- Put your safety glasses on.
- Turn your drill on.
- Drill your Lego.
- Pinch the inner ring of your Lego with your pliers and twist the piece out of your brick.
- Clean the inside as necessary