Introduction: Lego Transforming Present
Finally! My estimated post date for this project was in late 2015 but that obviously didn't happen. I had some difficulties with my camera's adapter.
One of my friends challenged me to make a Christmas Transformer, so this is it! I'm thinking that it's a relative of the portal turret.
I also had to move away from my stereotypical gray color scheme...
Step 1: Parts
...Which is why these are here! To make the transformer actually look like a present, it needs to have some specific colors.
COLOR 1 (C1):
- 8: 2 x 4 plates
- 5: 2 x 3 plates
- 4: 2 x 2 plates
- 2: 2 x 2 tiles`
- 2: 1 x 4 plates
- 2: 1 x 1 bricks
- 2: 1 x 1 bricks with a stud on the side
- 1: 1 x 3 brick
- 1: 1 x 2 plate with a horizontal clip on the shortest side
1 x 2 plate with a horizontal bar on the shortest side
2: 1 x 3 plates
2: 2 x 2 elbow plates
6: 1 x 2 plates
2: 1 x 2 jumper plates
COLOR 2 (C2) :
3: 1 x 4 plates
2: 1 x 3 plates
2: 1 x 2 plates with bars on the longest side
4: 1 x 1 studs
1: 1 x 2 plate with a horizontal clip on the shortest side
3: 1 x 2 plates
`1: 1 x 1 plate
ANY COLOR (CA):
- 4: 1 x 2 plates with bars on the longest side
- 4: 1 x 1 plates with vertical clips.
- 2: telescopes
- 1: binoculars
- 4: levers with clips
- 2: hinged bricks
- 2: 1 x 2 plates with segmented bars on the longest side
- 4: 1 x 2 plates with horizontal clips on the longest side
Step 2: Spine
- Place C1 1 x 4 plate pointing upward on surface.
- Place two CA 1 x 2 plates with segmented bars on the 1 x 4 plate. They should point right.
- Place two C1 jumper plates on to of the previous pieces.
- Attach a CA 1 x 3 brick on top of the jumper plates.
- Place TWO C1 1 x 1 bricks on top of each other, then place in the middle of the 1 x 3 brick.
- Place a CA 1 x 1 plate with a vertical clip on one of the ledges on the 1 x 3 brick., facing sideways. Place a C2 1 x 1 stud on top, then another 1 x 1 plate w/ clip.
- Then add a C1 1 x 1 brick with a horizontally facing stud on top of the previous brick. It should face in the opposite direction that the segmented bars are pointing.
- Repeat on the other side. They should mirror each other.
- Attach C1 2 x 4 plate to one of the 1 x 1 bricks. The stud should attach to the upper middle circle on the bottom of the plate (see picture).
- Repeat on other side.
Step 3: Divider
- Place a C1 1 x 2 plate with a horizontal clip on top of a C1 1 x 2 plate with a segmented bar on the short end.
- Attach a C2 1 x 2 plate with a horizontal clip to the 1 x 2 plate with a bar. It should face studs down.
- Place a C2 1 x 4 plate to the previous piece's studs as shown; It should face down.
Step 4: Legs and Feet
- Place a C1 1 x 2 plate on the bottom of a C3 1 x 2 plate with horizontal clips on the longest side.
- Place a 2 x 2 C1 tile on top of the 1 x 2 plate with clips. Then add a 1 x 2 plate (C1) in the gap left under the tile.
- Place a C3 1 x 2 plate with a bar on the longest side in the remaining gap.
- Attach a 1 x 2 C3 plate with clips on the long side to the bar studs down.
- Place a C1 2 x 4 plate to the studded side of the previous piece.
- Place a C1 2 x 3 plate in the remaining gap.
- Attach a C3 hinged brick to the end of the previous piece. It should bend inward.
- Repeat one more time.
Step 5: Arm Panels - Left
- Place a C1 2 x 4 plate to the left of a 1 x 4 C2 plate. Place one more C1 2 x 4 plate to the right of the 1 x 4. Flip them upside down.
- Attach a C1 1 x 3 plate upside down to the 3 plates. It should be centered but closer to the bottom.
- Place a C1 1 x 2 plate above the 1 x 3 plate. It should leave a 1 x 1 gap to the right of itself.
- Place a C3 1 x 2 plate with a bar on the long end to the leftmost side of the 1 x 2 and 1 x 3 plates.
- Place another one on top of the previous piece, but pointing in the opposite direction.
- Attach two levers with clips to the previous piece.
- Attach binoculars to the levers. Each lever should be inserted into hole.
Step 6: Arm Panels - Right
- Follow all the steps in the previous section BUT:
- Place the 1 x 3 plate ABOVE the 1 x 2 plate (you're swapping their places).
- Insert the levers into telescopes (2 of them-C3) instead of binoculars
Step 7: Top and Bow/Head
- Place two C1 2 x 2 elbow plates onto a C1 2 x 3 plate as shown.
- Place a C1 2 x 2 plate on each of the elbow plates.
- Place a 2 x 3 C1 plate next to each of the elbow plates. There should be a 1 x 1 gap in between each 2 x 3 plate.
- Place a 2 x 2 C1 plate at the end of each 2 x 3 plate.
- Attach a C2 1 x 2 plate in each gap left between the 2 x 2 plates. For those of you following the pictures, its on the top and bottom.
- Place a C1 1 x 4 plate in the center gap. It's right edge should be flush with the right edges of all previous pieces.
- Attach a C2 1 x 3 plate in the center gap. It's right edge should be flush with the right edges of all previous pieces.
- Acquire a 1 x 2 C2 plate.
- Place a 1 x 1 C2 plate on the underside of the previous piece.
- Place the previous two connected pieces in the remaining gap on the main part. The parts should be flush with each other.
- Place a C2 1 x 1 stud in the exact center of the part.
- Add a 1 x 3 C2 plate on top of the previous piece.
- Add another C2 1 x 1 stud to the middle of the 1 x 3 plate.
Step 8: Assembly
- Clip the Divider to the MIDDLE of the segmented bars on the Spine. The Divider should go over the small gap in between the segmented bars. (SEE PICTURES)
- Clip a leg onto each side of the spine as shown. They should each be attached to the outermost and middle segments of each bar.
- Attach the left arm. The 1 x 2 plate should be above the 1 x 3 plate.
- Attach the right arm. The 1 x 2 plate should be above the 1 x 3 plate.
- Fold the left arm's gun inward and close the left arm
- Fold the right arm's guns inward and close the right arm.
- Fold up the legs and divider.
- Place the top on. IMPORTANT: The side that has the yellow 1 x 1 PLATE should face AWAY from the front of the model.
Step 9: Transformation
- Unfold arms
- Unfold legs
- Adjust divider so it points inward and touches the 2 x 3 plate on the bottom of the top.
- Impress your friends!
Please leave any comments/critiques!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.