I have seen a number USB flash drives bracelets around and really liked the idea. It seems like a convenient way to keep a flash drive handy, though it does seem a bit geeky. Now I am not one to shy away from my inner geek, rather I figured I would take it to another level and make a Lego flash drive bracelet.
Step 1: What you will need
- USB flash drive
- cord, string or elastic
- LEGO (eight 2x2 and one 2x4) you may need more or less depending on size of wrist
- Rotary tool
Step 2: Prepare Lego and flash drive
- Carefully remove the case of the flash drive, it can usually be pried apart without too much trouble.
- Drill two holes on opposite sides of the 2x2 pieces with a 1/16th drill bit. I did this to all but one of the 2x2 pieces. The holes should line up, marking the spot with a pen before drilling will help.
- For the last 2x2 piece removed the tube from the underside of the piece and one wall. On the opposite wall, I drilled two holes (see above point), this will be the cap.
- For the 2x4 piece, removed the three tubes on the underside. Remove one wall and drilled two holes on the opposite wall (same as above). I needed to grind away a bit of the inside with my Dremel to get the flash drive to fit.