This is how we made our baking soda and vinegar volcano. We used lego to build the volcano but you can use anything that looks like a mountain. This is a messy project, you will want to make sure the area is contained. Especially if you use any food coloring. And especially if you use lego for volcano. Apparently lego does not make a very air tight container and will have lots of leakage.
Step 1: Ingredients:
Watch Video to See how we made our Lego Volcano Science Project
- Make a volcano out of lego. Make sure there is a cavity and hole at the top to do your science magic. Design of volcano is up to your creativity.
- Baking Soda
- Food Coloring (optional)
Step 2: Instructions:
- Mix food coloring into vinegar for color. Set aside.
- Put baking soda into your volcano. Add a good amount. Enough for 1 part baking soda and 1 part vinegar.
- Add vinegar food coloring mixture into volcano. Pour it on the baking soda.
- Watch the amazing bubbles and foam pouring out.
- High five your child.