Sugar Cooke Pie Crust (I am not a fan of pastry crusts with sweet pies, but you can substitute one here)
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Lemon Curd Filling
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
4 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon salt
Step 1: Preparing the Crust
2. Slowing mix in the flour to form a crumbly mixture.
3. Press into a greased pie dish and poke with a fork to prevent bubbles. Use a pie shield or tin foil to avoid the overly browned edges you see in the photos.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
Step 2: Preparing the Curd
2. Add the softened butter and cream.
3. Slowly add in the eggs one at a time and mix well.
4. Juice the lemons to achieve 1/2 cup of liquid. Strain the seeds and pulp if needed.
5. Add the lemon juice to the egg mixture along with the salt and mix well.
6. Transfer to a medium sauce pan and begin to heat over low heat. Stir constantly.
Step 3: Finishing Up
Serve after the curd sets to room temperature! You can substitute most citrus fruits (oranges, limes, grapefruit) to make different curds if you don't like lemon.