Fresh lemon zest gives these cookies a refreshing zing, while the ginger flirts along the back of your tongue. Married with the white chocolate, the flavors are both simple and complex...romantic at a wedding brunch, or daring at a bake sale!
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon size chunks, at room temperature
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
Makes approx 3 dozen cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and lemon zest. Stir the flour, baking soda, and salt together; stir into creamed mixture. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
4. Drop by the tablespoonful of dough onto ungreased baking sheet, flattening slightly with the back of your spoon.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheet for 2-3 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.