You need time to manage this recipe but it is rather easy to make ...
Step 1: First Part : the Pastry
- 4.40oz (125) of butter
- 8.80oz (250g) of flour
- 1.75oz (50g) of sugar
- 2 salt pinches
1. Cut the butter into the flour by mixing and rolling it out with your fingers, so that the dough is crumbly.
2. Add the salt, the sugar and the egg and mix them quickly with the dough.
3. You have to mix the dough with your hands, don't knead it. And be careful, this dough is very fragile. Roll it up into a ball and refrigerate it at least 2 or 3 hours.
Step 2: Second Part : the Lemon Custard
- 7 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 8.45oz (240g) of sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar sachet (0.35oz)
- 8.80oz (250g) of heavy cream
- 2.80oz (80g) of butter
- 1 agar-agar sachet (0.15oz)
- 0.70oz (20g) of almond powder
1. Wash carefully and brush the lemons. Squeeze them all and grate one of them zest.
2. Mix the lemon zest with the sugar (vanilla sugar too), the eggs and the cream. Cook gently the mixture in a saucepan until it thickens stirring constantly. Add the butter, the almond powder, the agar-agar and then the lemon juice - mix it. Take this lemon custard off the heat and let it cool.
3. Heat the oven at 370F° (190C°). Line the tart pan and bake the pastry for about 25-30 minutes.
4. Pour the custard on the pastry and bake it again for 15minutes.
Step 3: Third Part : the Meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 8.80oz (250g) of sugar
- one pastry bag with piping tips
1. Cook the sugar in a saucepan with 3 table spoons of water (until it makes a transparent syrup and boils).
2. At the same time, whip the egg whites until stiff (with a salt pinch).
3. Slowly pour the syrup into the whites beating constantly until it has become cooler. pipe the meringue on the pie and put it in the oven for about 15minutes (the meringue muste be a bit gilded).
4. You have to refrigerate the pie for 12 hours so that the custard thickens.