Introduction: Lemon Panna Cotta With Fig Butter
This Lemon Panna Cotta with Fig Butter is a perfect “make ahead” dessert! Its creamy citrusy layer melts in your mouth while the fig layer adds some extra flavor and a different texture!
It’s another easy and tasty no bake dessert that is perfect for any family or friends gathering! So why not make it ahead and enjoy it while watching the Rio Olympics?
Enjoy our easy recipes!
Visit our new website: www.happyfoodstube.com
So lets get started!
Step 1: Watch the Video for This Recipe:
Step 2: Ingredients:
300ml (10fl oz) Heavy Cream (35%)
40g (1.4oz) Caster Sugar
Juice from 3 Small Lemons (about 60ml)
300g (10.5oz) Figs
20g Unsalted Butter
2 Teaspoons Honey (optional)
3g (0.11oz) Powder Gelatin
Step 3: Directions:
1. Sprinkle the gelatin over 1 ½ table spoon of cold water and set aside.
2. Pour cream in a sauce pan, add sugar and mix over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a simmer (don’t boil) and take off of the stove. Let it cool down a bit.
3. Juice lemons and strain the juice through a sieve to get rid of seeds and flesh, if any.
4. When the cream has cooled down a bit, add in the gelatin (it should look like a jelly) and stir until it has dissolved.
5. Now pour in ⅔ of freshly squeezed lemon juice while constantly stirring the cream. At this point the cream will thicken but continue stirring until smooth.
6. Pour into 4 small cups and refrigerate 4+ hours (for best results overnight).
7. Meanwhile prepare the fig butter: Wash the figs (place 1 aside for decoration), cut them into quarters and transfer to a frying pan/sauce pan. Throw in butter and simmer until the figs have soften. Taste it. If you are happy with its taste you are done. If it’s too sweet for you add the rest of your lemon juice and stir. Taste it and add more lemon juice or honey (if not sweet enough).
8. Turn off the heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes before pureeing in a food processor until smooth. At this point you will have thicker butter. Transfer it into a small bowl, cover with cling film and keep in the fridge until needed.
9. Once the panna cotta has set, spoon the fig butter over (3-4 teaspoons in each cup/glass/jar) and decorate with a quarter of fresh fig and you are ready to serve!
Step 4: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.