1) You can change the type of extract flavorings to make other types of pound cake. I'll even add the instructions to make it a delicious chocolate pound cake at the end of the Instructable.
2) It's totally addictive and not good for you in large quantities but you won't care because you'll be enjoying the cake too much.
3) Share it with others and you'll make new friends who will love you for your personality and good looks and definitely not because you give them free cake. :)
Lets move on to the ingredients shall we.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 Cup of butter/margarine (2 sticks)
1 Cup of Vegetable Shortening (aka Crisco)
3 Cups of Sugar
6 Large Eggs
1 Cup of Evaporated Milk
3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
3 Tablespoons of Lemon Extract (or whatever extract you're gonna use)
For the Glaze you're gonna need:
2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
2 Fresh Lemons (or 2 Tablespoons of concentrated lemon juice and a bit of water)
On to the next Step -->
Step 2: Prep Work
1) Set your butter and eggs out and let them reach room temperature. This will allow the butter to mix easier and the eggs will allow the cake to rise better.
2) Get out your big mixing bowl, electric mixer, measuring spoons and cups, a sifter, a baking sheet, and the most important thing: a large angle food cake pan (mine has a 4.5 inch side). Otherwise you're gonna need another pan to cook the excess cake in, unless you like bubbly lemon flavored cake lava boiling all over your nice clean oven.