This 'ible is an example of what can you do with transparent resin, so the following instructions can be taken for other ideas. The resin used is Transparent Polyester. I bought it on this store , very cheap by the way.
Step 1: Safety First
Resin can become an hazardous issue if you don't take the correspondent precautions. There are required some protections:
- Latex or nitrile gloves.
- A Mask for the fumes
- Acetone (is the best product for clean polyester resin).
Step 2: Tools and Materials
· Wet sandpaper 120
· Wet sandpaper 360
· Wet sandpaper 1000
- Sander (optional but recommended)
- A graduated cylinder (to measure the resin)
- syringe (to measure the catalyst)
- A stick
- Solder iron
- Hot melt glue gun
- Polish paste
- Polyester Transparent Resin
- A object to sink (in this case an lens aperture)
- A mold (I used a tetra brick pack, but I recommend crystal or plastic, you wont have to sand with them)
- 4 LED's
- Plug conector
- 12V transformer
Step 3: Dissasemble the lens and aperture
Take apart the aperture and disassemble it as well.