Introduction: Less Materials Pocket Tissues Case
This pocket tissue case is made from a rectangle leather, and I introduce the way to make less tools.
My text should be difficult for understand , ask me on "easy English" (but convert into "inch" yourself).
Step 1: Tools/Materials
These are a minimum of tools for me. Add another ones as you like.
- Cutter knife
- Stitching Awl
- Corky mat
I use 1.5mm. The thicker leather may be unsuitable. The size required is 25cm x 12.5cm.
I use leather sewing yarn because it was inexpensive. Use your thread you have.
Step 2: Pattern
This pattern was draw on the Japanese pocket tissue size (12cm x 8cm), so you have to adjust by your pocket tissues.
- Big Rectangle
The size is 25cm x 12.5cm. Other parts are cut out of this Big one.
- Small Boxes
Two boxes size is 4.5cm x 4cm. Mid rectangle size is 7cm x 3cm. It is better to take the gaps in boxes because the work will be strong.
Step 3: Attach the Side Parts
Cut out the two boxes(4.5cm x 4cm) from Big rectangle.
Stitch the parts on hems like second images.
Step 4: Make Toggle
- Cut out the small rectangle(7cm x 3cm) from center of big rectangle.
- I made the toggle by looking at below video.
- Cut the small rectangle like second image.
- Roll the parts like third image. I didn't use punches, I use slit with cutter to pass the line.
- Passing the line through the slit is tight , so take slit width long or use something like needles.
This toggle is small, so thick leathers may be unfit.
Step 5: Attach the Side Parts
Attach the side parts on other hem.
This part was most difficult for me because main body has been cumber for sewing.
Step 6: Attach the Toggle
- Attach the toggle on the body like first image.
- Slit on the body as the toggle button hole. It is enough to make slit shorter than the toggle width.
Step 7: Pack Some Tissues
That's it, try to pack tissues your work.
If you have any questions/comments about this Instructable (it's my first one) or the process, comment below.
Additionally, this instructable is being made as an entry to the Leather Contest. If you liked it, I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to go over to the contest and show your appreciation with a vote.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.