Introduction: Let's Make Tape!
Make your own colorful, decorative tape with things like masking tape, paint, stencils and tissue paper!
Step 1: Watch the Short Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Flexible Non-Stick Chopping Mats
Americana Acrylic Paints
Old credit card or hotel key
Double sided tape *Get this at the dollar store!
Plain contact paper
Americana Decoupage Papers (love the foil prints)
Step 3: Paint It!
1. Place strips of masking tape across the non-stick mat
*I got my mats at the 99c store
2. Ad blobs of paint in various areas on the tape
3. Spread it around with your hotel key or old credit card
4. Create an area of paint large enough for a rubber stamp
5. Stamp on the painted tape *Learn to make huge rubber stamps
6. Remove from the cutting mat as needed
7. Paint on pieces of contact paper
8. When dry, stencil on top using a make-up sponge
9. Cut in strips to make tape
Step 4: Tissue and Book Pages
10. Grab some double sided tape
11. Place long strips on the back of the Americana Decoupage Papers
12. Carefully cut out the tape with scissors *Cut it in half to make thinner strips
13. Cut long pieces of colorful tissue paper
14. Add double sided tape the back
15. Carefully rip the strips of tape
16. If you don't want to rip, you can cut the tape with pinking shears
17. Place the double sided tape on old book pages *My book was severely water damaged so it was perfect for this project
18. Carefully rip into strips of tape
Step 5: Sticker Paper
Finally, if you have a fun print you like, simply copy it on sticker paper and cut out strips in the size you want. Paint the page with watercolors or color with markers for extra interest!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.