Found an old boombox. I tried to get it working, but the Damn thing can't even play a cassette. Let's get cracking.
Step 1: Removing the Hard Case
The back of the box held all the fasteners, so I took them all out. Once open, I clipped all wires from the back to the front.
Step 2: Power Supply
The biggest part of the back was a transformer stepping down outlet power for the device. It has plenty of copper inside, so I am definitely keeping it.
The first thing was unscrewing it. Took a while, but I still got it out. Unfortunately, the manufacturer glued the board down, so I had to rip it out with pliers.
The board broke, but the yellow resistors looked cool.
Step 3: Antenna...
This little clip holds the antenna, so I unscrewed it and nabbed a telescoping rod.
Step 4: The Front!
Don't be intimidated by the complexity, I am going to try my best to explain everything.
Step 5: Gross Hair Stuff
For some reason, old tech always attracts old hair stuff. It's just nasty, yo.
Step 6: Controls
A few switches and potentiometers control input and volume. One controls tuning as well.
Step 7: To Be Continued...
I'm going to continue this in a part two, where I move further in. Yipee!