Introduction: Light Box With Sound
What you will need:
2. Exacto knife
6. Copper tape
7. Alligator clip
9. Scratch program
10. LED addresable lights
11. Makey Makey
12. Hot glue gun
Step 1: Familiarizing Yourself With Makey Makey
1. To start our light project we played around with the Makey Makey and the program Scratch on the computer to familiarize ourselves.
2.After we figured out how to connect the wires on the Makey Makey to make it send signals to Scratch to do whatever we told it to.
Step 2: Making the Boxes
1. To make the frame you will need cardboard, exacto knife, ruler, and glue gun.
2. We made two different sized boxes.
3. We made one box that was 9x3 and one that was 7.5x3 using the hot glue gun. We cut out cardboard so that there was only four sides, no top or bottom and used a hot glue gun to glue it all together.
4.Once both the boxes were assembled cloth was put over one of the openings with the hot glue gun. Making sure to leave the other opening open so we can put the lights, wires and Makey Makey in.
Step 3: Last Step
1. You will need the Makey Makey and the computer program scratch which you can find at scratch.mit.edu. The program Scratch acts like a controller and depending on what you tell Scratch to do is what the outcome will be.
2. Next you will take the LED addressable lights and plug it into the computer along with the Makey Makey and place the LED lights in the 9x3 box
3. After you will take the copper tape and put a single strip on the sides of each of the boxes going all the way around. Don't cut the tape into pieces because that is your conductor so you want to be able to touch any part of the copper tape and for the current to be able to go all the way around and scene your touch and send the signals to the Makey Makey and Scratch.